Child Psychiatry & South Carolina CME Requirements
- Continuous average of 90 Category 1 Credits over the 3 previous years (minimum 24 self-assessment credits)
By the end of year 10
- MOC Exam
- 24 ABPN-approved Self Assessment credits
- 1 Clinical chart review module / Patient or Peer Feedback Module
At a Glance
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology requires 90 CME hours every 3 years. These hours must be relevant to the physician's specialty and/or sub-specialty and can include ACCME Category 1 credits, AOA Category 1-A credits, and/or Category 1 credits accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Of these hours, a minimum of 24 hours must be self-assessed activities selected from the ABPN's Product list.
NEW in February 2016: Diplomates now choose ONE Clinical Module OR Feedback Module activity to complete the PIP (Improvement in Medical Practice Unit).
- 40 AMA or AOA Category 1 CME.
- 2 Approved Procedures of Prescribing and Monitoring Controlled Substances.
- 30 Practice-Relevant CME.
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners requires 40 AMA, AOA, or other board-approved organization Category 1 hours. Of these hours, a minimum of 30 must be on a subject directly related to the licensee's practice area, and a minimum of 2 hours must be on the subject of approved procedures of prescribing and monitoring controlled substances.
Child Psychiatry CME - $599
Earn up to 50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ by answering multiple choice questions.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.