Echocardiography & District Of Columbia CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The District of Columbia Board of Medicine requires 50 AMA PRA Category 1 credits every 2 years, which includes three (3) hours in the subject of HIV/AIDS, two (2) hours in the subject of LGBTQ cultural competency, and at least one (1) course in the subject of pharmacology.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.