Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation & Rhode Island CME Requirements
By the end of year 5
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (min 8 self-assessment)
- 1 Practice Performance Project
By the end of year 10
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (years 6-10, min 8 self-assessment)
- MOC Exam (years 7-10 only)
- 1 Project Performance Project (years 6-10)
At a Glance
The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation requires 150 Category 1 credits every 5 years, of which a minimum of 50% must relate to the physician's specialty or subspecialty.
Physician's with time-limited certificates issued before 2012 must complete 300 credits by the end of the year 10.
- 4 Public Health Needs CME.
- 40 AMA Category 1 CME or AOA Category 1-A CME.
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The Rhode Island Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline requires 40 AMA PRA Category 1 or AOA Category 1-A. At least 4 hours of continuing medical education shall be earned on topics of current concern as determined by the director of the Rhode Island Department of Health. Current topics include: Ethics, Risk Management, Opioid pain management / chronic pain management, End of life / palliative care, Antimicrobial Stewardship.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.