Sports Medicine & South Carolina CME Requirements
- Complete at least 1 MOC Activity every 2 years (counts towards 5 and 10 years marks)
By the end of year 5
- 100 MOC Points, 20 of which must be Medical Knowledge
By the end of year 10
- Additional 100 MOC Points, 20 of which must be Medical Knowledge
- Pass the MOC Exam
At a Glance
The American Board of Internal Medicine requires 1 MOC activity every 2 years (which counts towards the MOC points for the current 5-year period), 100 MOC Points every 5 years, and passing of the MOC Exam within 10 years of last passing the exam.
- 40 AMA or AOA Category 1 CME.
- 2 Approved Procedures of Prescribing and Monitoring Controlled Substances.
- 30 Practice-Relevant CME.
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners requires 40 AMA, AOA, or other board-approved organization Category 1 hours. Of these hours, a minimum of 30 must be on a subject directly related to the licensee's practice area, and a minimum of 2 hours must be on the subject of approved procedures of prescribing and monitoring controlled substances.
Sports Medicine CME - $599
Earn up to 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ while answering multiple choice questions.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.